Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I am one of those!!!!

WOW is all i have to say..So I had to write this little story down it was too funny to pass up! So Joy was on the floor playing with this toy that plays music and chad was laying by her talking to me and i was on the couch.  The song twinkle twinkle little star came on. She was excited about it because I sing it to her every night hoping that some day it might put her to sleep but..it never does..sooo she knows the song well.. But because chad and I are sometimes a little tired and crazy..... things just happen.....haha..soo chad starts to sing along with the song in a different octave with an accent and i just couldnt sit there silently and so i chime in and i pick and accent and a higher octave and so pretty much we are jamming to twinkle twinkle little star and then right when i am sure we were going to get up and start dancing...Joy some how turns the music up louder and louder and gave us this nasty look.... chad and i just looked at each other with sad faces..its like she silenced us.. I felt like i was in middle school again when i would sing really cool and confident to the radio and some punk kid would come up to me and ask who sings the song and of course i would say Backstreet Boys duh!!! and he would say..why dont we keep it that way...and then you feel like your a small singing bug that just got voted off!!!! I think today is one of those life changers when you realize...you are THAT mom. THAT thinks they are cool.. and then realizes by the love of your child...that you are not...i was just hoping it wasnt goin to be when she was almost 7 months old....sad day...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aaaah loved the story.......looks like she wanted to listen to her music and nothing else!!!!